Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Trust

Emotional day. I have been hurt and betrayed. My trust broken. I've been crying most of the evening and my eyes are tired, my heart aches.

It's funny the different emotions we can go through in a single day. To go from being happy to being enraged, to just feeling hurt and sad, to being hopeful again.

I confronted the source of the betrayal and said my piece. I got it off my chest and heard them out. I know that there is genuine sorrow and regret on their end. How can I not forgive? "Hurt people, hurt people." Translation: People who are hurting often tend to lash out and hurt other people. I heard once that only the people you love can really hurt you emotionally. If it were someone I didn't love, I wouldn't care what they did or said or thought. Maybe that's true, but at any rate, I do love these people - very much.

Trust is lost, but the funny thing about trust is that it can always be earned back. I will tread carefully, but I am hopeful that this very unpleasant situation will provide an opportunity for growth - for everyone involved.

I forgive. It doesn't take away the pain of being betrayed, but that will subside with time. I am reminded of all that Christ has forgiven me for. Who am I to withhold forgiveness from someone else.

I've tried to do some damage control and speak the truth, but it's up to them if they will believe the incorrect information or the truth. There is nothing I can do about it. I guess it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. The past is the past. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment