Monday, April 20, 2009

Quotes

I've read a few quotes lately that have stuck in my head...

It is not light that we need, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake.
- Frederick Douglass, 1817 - 1895

(I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this quote)


No man means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous.
- Henry Brooks Adams, 1838 - 1918

It seems to me that the soul, when alone with itself and speaking to itself, uses only a small number of words, none of them extraordinary.
- Paul Ambroise Valéry, 1871 - 1945

And on that note, I'll just say that I'm tired and lonely and as much as I don't want company, I don't want to spend tonight alone.

And to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment