Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hooray for automatic car starters! I absolutely LOVE mine! I think this is one of the best gifts I've ever received. I'm still a little embarassed that Ken spent SOOOO much money on me for Christmas though. I know it's not about money and he was genuinely happy to spoil me, but I still have a hard time with my lack of financial freedom to spoil him like I want to. In addition to the car starter, he also bought be a diamond nose ring. He knows I don't like a lot of expensive, flashy jewelry, but I do wear a nose ring so he bought a tiny little diamond and had them make me a nose ring using white gold. I thought that was very creative and thoughtful.

I'm in Moses Lake for the weekend. I'll likely be spending most weekends here. I'm drinking a cup of coffee and writing and it feels good to just relax for a bit. I'm meeting Ken for lunch at Firefly around noon and I brought some work with me that I really should be working on. I have to write a telephone etiquette policy for my office. One would think that 50 and 60 somethings would have enough common sense to know how to answer the phone, transfer a call and take a message. Especially 50/60 somethings who have spent most of their adult life working in professional offices. One would think that common sense would stop someone from transferring a solicitor/telemarketer into the 911 Emergency call center supervisor. Did she really think that the supervisor had nothing better to do? Or transferring a call to someone's voice mail when they are sitting there in the office waiting for that particular call, instead of announcing the call and giving the director the option to take the call or tranfer to voice mail. Ugh!

While I'm at it, maybe I should also write up a Common Sense Training, a Respecting Personal Space Policy and a How Obtuse Can You Be quiz. And maybe even a tip sheet on What Not To Do When the Supervisor is Around (Or EVER), which would include falling asleep at your desk, facebooking or shopping online, bad-mouthing coworkers and superiors, etc.

I truly wish common sense was something that could be taught.

On a different note, THANK GOD FOR TYLENOL PM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment