Friday, June 16, 2006

I Heard! Thanks!

So, the ex and his wife just welcomed their child into the world a week ago today. The announcement was just posted in the Juneau Empire today and all of the sudden everyone is worried about me and asking if I've seen it.

Yes, I was informed. I have seen the announcement and I am okay with the news. After all, I've had 9 months to prepare myself for it. I'm sure Alan will be a great father. I am happy for his family as they could use a little bundle of joy to brighten their worlds in light of a recent tragedy in the family. For my friends who pray - please continue to keep that family in your prayers.

It's not like I have no emotion about it at all - of course I do - but I'm not devastated or anything like that. In fact, the only thing that hit a nerve was the baby's name - and that only because it was the name we always talked about... the name he always wanted if he ever had a kid, but it's his family's name so there you have it. We never had a child (thank God) and now he does and I'm glad he chose to honor his family by choosing that name.

Alright - so now that that is taken care of... I'm going to a Hank Williams III concert tonight. I think it's gonna be a great show - even if I do end up going alone. I have a potential date for the show (no - not a guy date - a friend date), but if she cancels last minute then alone I shall go. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment