Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!! We all have so much for which to be grateful. May we all spend today focusing on all that we have been blessed with and NOT on what we don't have.

I am blessed with a colorful and always entertaining family who loves me for who I am, not what I've done.
I am rich in friends - people in my life who love me and often let me know I'm in their thoughts.
I have a Father in Heaven who daily shows me his love for me, who is faithful even in my infidelity and whose grace and mercy follow me always. Yes... I am very fortunate.

Today, I am thankful for my freedom. I was invited to so many holiday parties, but decided I needed some alone time. So, I am in Seattle, staying in our corporate apartment and plan to eat, watch football and movies, read and write and drink lots of wine.

I am thankful for the pain, the heartbreak, the love, the loss, the laughter and the joy that fill every day. I am thankful for where I have been, where I am now and for all that my future holds. I'm thankful for who I used to be and who I am now. I am alive and I feel it! Today, I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment