Monday, October 22, 2007

Used

I got a new car yesterday... well, not "NEW," new, but "previously owned," new-to-me, new.

Why do people think "previously owned" sounds better than "used." Makes me think of that email that went around not long ago with politically correct phrases for everything. I think it said something like, "She's not a slut, she has previously enjoyed companionship" or something like that. Ah well, at least she has only been "previously owned" or "used" by one other before me - and although she's got quite a few miles on her, she's in great condition.

Why am I calling her a "she"? Because all cars are feminine. Why is that? Who knows - probably because they are so needy, but as long as you treat them right, they give you what you want and are reliable and trust worthy. I'm sure you boys will have a different opinion.

So anyways, am I excited? No. People don't understand that, but I'm not excited about losing my camry. I didn't enjoy car shopping one bit. I didn't enjoy dealing with salesmen and finance officers and test drives. I am not excited about having another monthly payment. I am happy that the whole process is over, but I will second guess myself and my decision for probably the next month or so and then after a few road trips, if she handles well, THEN I will start to be happy and let her into my heart.

I'm a nerd - I know!

I did, however, find out this weekend that I'm the perfect girl. Well, I guess I already knew that, but I've yet to hear anyone tell me that - until yesterday. And then the question... "So, why are you single?" Good question! Must be because there are no perfect guys (at least not in Spokane)! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment