Monday, October 15, 2007

Curses!

Friends, I am having a rough day and could use your prayers. As you know, my car was hit last week. I was able to track down the owner of the car that hit me and got his insurance information (Thank God!). His insurance company is totaling the car and have provided a rental car for me for a week.

However, the title is still under my married name WITH my ex-husband. A year and a half ago when I changed my name back, I tried to get the title changed over to my name. They said Alan had to sign a form and have it notarized and mail it back to me. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get in touch with Alan and get his address. He never responded. I got busy and forgot about it.

Now, the insurance company needs the title so I locate it and realize it is still in both our names. Crap! So, I have to get in touch with Alan, get his address and overnight the form to him. He, then, has to sign it, have it notarized and overnight it back to me. In a perfect world, this wouldn't be a huge issue. However, given my experiences with Alan since the divorce, this could be a problem. I don't even know how to get in contact with him so I had to contact his parents. Hopefully they will pass the information on to him. Then, IF he even responds and gives me his address, I'm not confident that he will sign it and send it back timely. Until I get this back from him, the Washington Department of Licensing will not change the title and I can't get my check until the title is taken care of. AND I only have my rental car until Thursday!!! Then, I'll be without a car.

Originally they told me that the divorce decree would work as long as it indicated that the car was mine. So, I spent hours digging through my old files and "The Emotional Sad (Alan) Box" to find the decree and property distribution form. But since the car's VIN number is not on that form, it is not sufficient for the DOL.

Seems lots is standing of the way here. Not sure why, but I am trying to remember to trust that things happen for a reason. I'm just unreasonably angry right now.

On a positive note, I took the motorcycle safety and training course over the weekend and passed! I get the endorsement added to my driver's license tomorrow. I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment