Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Things

Okay so I've been tagged three times and I know you are supposed to tag others, but I'm not going to. Here goes...
1. I used to store bacon (and other food, but loved bacon the most) in my cheeks for hours when I was a toddler.
2. I have horribly ugly toenails so they are always painted.
3. I married my first love. That relationship lasted 7 years, 4 of those were married years.
4. One of my all time favorite quotes is "I love Jesus, but I drink a little." by Gladys Hardy (On the Ellen show)
5. I love Jesus, but I despise the religious nuts who turn people away from Christianity with their judgment, doctrines and hypocricy and because they don't truly represent WHO Christ is... his love, grace, mercy, forgiveness... We are ALL sinners, ALL hypocrites, ALL in need of a Savior.
6. I've traveled to all 50 states - in less than a year after my divorce.
7. I've never broken a bone, but I've had stitches a few times.
8. I used to be painfully shy, but most people who know me now would never guess it.
9. I have received a job offer for every position I've ever interviewed for except one.
10. I was recently laid off and it's the first time I've ever left a job NOT on my terms. Kinda scary.
11. I sucked on a fish's head once when I was about a year old... yes, the head was still attached to the body and yes it was still alive... freaked my mom out!
12. My parents were missionaries to the Philippines when I was 9.
13. I went skydiving twice last year and have two trips planned this year.
14. I'm determined to not let FEAR stop me from LIVING and experiencing as much as this life has to offer.
15. I never ever want to have children (but as a woman, I reserve the right to change my mind). It's almost impossible to find a man who doesn't want kids... Who would've thunk it??
16. I have 10 siblings. I'm the oldest girl, second oldest child.
17. In 7th grade, right after relocating from Phoenix, AZ to Juneau, AK - a young boy ensured his place in my life and captured my heart and friendship forever when he took the blame for my fart during sit-ups in P.E. class. Andy Boman is my BFF!!!
18. I'm right handed, but left-eye dominant - which makes it difficult to shoot a rifle, but I'm an excellent shot with a handgun.
19. Only once in my life (and hopefully never again) did I think I would actually have to use that gun in self defense. Thank God he rescued me.
20. I have had so many near-death experiences that I'm no longer afraid of dying. When it's my time, I'll go.
21. Although I'm not afraid of dying, I'm terrified of drowning...
22. I have a love/hate relationship with running.
23. I struggle with more insecurities than anyone would ever believe - but I have almost mastered the art of appearing confident to everyone I come in contact with.
24. I have a seemingly insurmountable amount of debt and can't seem to get out.
25. I absolutely love my life, my freedom and my GIRLFRIENDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment