Monday, March 6, 2006

Vacation

I'm back from Mexico. It was a good trip over all, but definitely dampened by sickness and injuries. The morning after I got there, I woke up with strep throat and couldn't swallow or talk very well. Lots of pain, fever, etc. NOT my idea of a relaxing vacation. The first few days I was simply miserable. I finally found a "doctor" who gave me some antibiotics and a couple days later, I was feeling a bit better. My older brother wrecked his rented motor scooter and had to go to the emergency room to get stitches. The closest hospital was a town or two away and they didn't speak English and the medical facilities are less than stellar. Not very sanitary.
At any rate, I did get some sun - maybe I'll post a picture or two soon - if I ever get around to it. It was nice to be away from work for a while. I got back Friday morning, but my computer has been in the shop. Finally have it back so I'll be around a little more often.
Now I'm on the apartment hunt. Feels like I just did this!!! Hopefully I'll be able to find somewhere decent that I can afford. I just hate signing leases because then I feel trapped. Yuck. Oh well, keep me in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment