Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Hallmark Holiday and for the single folks out there, Happy Single Awareness Day. Ken hates V-day, but planned an evening in for the two of us - he's making dinner, building a fire and promises to get me tipsy (although I'm supposed to bring what I want to drink and he hates wine - even the taste of it on my lips - so I'm not sure about the tipsy thing). I decided to bake a cake for desert. I haven't baked a cake in probably 4 or 5 years and my oven is probably 50 years old. I'm not sure if that is why the cake rose unevenly. It's higher in the center than around the edges. Oh well - it wont look pretty, but hopefully it tastes good. It's a Better-Than-Sex cake... figured it was appropriate for the lover's holiday. ;-)

I filed my taxes today. I get a pretty decent refund so I'm happy about that. It's enough to pay my bills for one month.

My upstairs neighbor is listening to music or a movie or something loud and with the bass turned up. Today, it is annoying me more than usual.

Still no job. Went to a networking event Thursday night and met quite a few people who work at WTB. KL's husband Mike kept telling them all that I applied for a job their and a few of them said they'd put in a good word with the hiring manager. One guy (from a different company) called Mike the next day and asked for my number. Thankfully, he told the guy I am seeing someone. Flattering, nonetheless. The County job sent me in for a skills test on Friday and I got a 95% or better on all of the tests... but my typing score was slower than usual.

My apartment is a mess. Half my house is on the floor and I have no energy to deal with it. I hate house work. I don't mind the kitchen and bathroom, but I hate cleaning my room and doing laundry.

Well - that's all for now. I actually sat down to write and clear my head but I can't think with the blaring noise right above my head!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment