Friday, February 20, 2009

Purpose

I'm discontent. Some things are going well in my life and some, not so much. Is not that I'm not thankful for the good in my life - because, really, I am. I have wonderful friends, a guy who is probably the nicest guy I've ever dated, family who love me and support me and have more confidence in me than I have in myself...

I think maybe it's just this feeling of lacking purpose. You'd think with all this extra free time on my hands, I'd be happy. But I'm not. I spend most of my time at home - alone. I want to get out and be social, network, etc - but it seems everything takes money. I want to get on the road, get out of town and out of my head for a weekend.... but again, that takes money. The fact that I'm not working and my unemployment claim is still under a review so I'm not getting UI checks... well, it just makes me feel like I have to save every extra penny. Today, I just couldn't take it anymore so I called my friends mom and took her out to coffee. It did wonders for the soul.

How are things on the relationship front?? I don't know. I really like him, but there is this HUGE wall between us and I feel like neither of us are willing or able to tear it down and really get to know each other. I'm not myself with him... or rather, he brings out a different side of me than most everyone I know. I really don't think he sees the funny, adventurous, confident, center of attention side of me. I tend to be more... subdued around him. And I have trust issues. But speaking of the devil, he just showed up. We're going to a movie tonight.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment