Monday, February 23, 2009

Tell Her

Know what bugs me? It kinda falls under the "when it rains it pours" category. I think it's interesting how I seem to go through these strange cycles with men in my past. I wont hear from any of them in months and then out of the blue, I'll hear from 4 or 5 of them over the course of a couple days. Now, these are not all men I've actually dated, but they are men who have pursued me and then settled for friendship when that is all I was willing or able to offer. Six have contacted me just since Saturday.

This evening at poker, I ran into a man I met last year on St. Patrick's day. We hung out a few times, but I told him up front I wasn't interested in a relationship. We chatted very briefly tonight, but then after I got home he sent me a text telling me that I was honestly the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, much less known.

The man I'm currently seeing is absolutely wonderful, but he doesn't compliment me often. And I've never been one to need words of affirmation... but lately they've been few and far between and it's just nice to actually HEAR someone say what they think. Why don't men understand that? Saying something once isn't enough to hold us over.

Guys - if you think your gal is beautiful, TELL HER. If you think she is smart, TELL HER. If you think she is good at something, TELL HER. If she turns you on, TELL HER. Make love to her mind... and not just once... and not just until you've snagged her... TELL HER as often as you think it.

Gals - keep doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment