Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy

Camping last weekend was a blast! Ken even came out on Sunday afternoon and stayed the night even though he had to work Monday afternoon. I can't even tell you how happy that made me. I was impressed! He didn't sleep well (he forgot his pillow and I never bring pillows camping) but he never complained about anything and he seemed to have a really good time. He even got along with my friends. Why does this surprise me so much??? Probably because I just expect everyone to be as unsociable as my ex-husband. Ken definitely earned points with me this weekend.

Tuesday morning, I was supposed to be at work an hour early for a Board Meeting and I totally spaced it. I got a call at 7:10 from a coworker asking if I was on my way. Um, no! I was standing there stark naked trying to decide what to wear. I got to work a little after 7:30 and beat myself up about being late all day. But then Scott pulled me aside and said, Sandra, the bosses think you shit gold nuggets so stop being so hard on yourself. Ha! I do feel fortunate that my bosses think so highly of me (so far).

Today was a rough day. I don't know what it is, but I had a really hard time with patience. I wanted to rip everyone's heads off. I swear it was national idiot drivers day and then at work people were just driving me crazy. But tonight was my birthday dinner with "The Girls" and that always makes everything all better. I don't know what I'd do without them. Sometimes it sucks not having any family around, but these girls are closer than family. One of these days, I'll have the words to do them justice. All I know is that when I'm with them, everything bad in my world seems to disappear, the sun shines brighter and the smile never leaves my lips. I know that I could face anything in the world as long as I had them by my side!

I don't remember if I posted about De's son and his brain aneurysm. De works closely with my office and his 24 year old son has been in the hospital and had to have open brain surgery after a less invasive surgery failed. Well, all was going well after the brain surgery and they were so impressed with his progress that they sent him home a couple days earlier than expected. A day later, he died. I read the "invitation" to the funeral/celebration of life service. It got me thinking about what kind of legacy I'm leaving behind. What would those around me say about me if I were to unexpectedly meet my end? I should be more mindful of how my life is affecting those around me. I think it might make me live a little better.

Well, I'm fat and happy tonight and my eyelids are already getting heavy. On top of that, I'm almost too warm. I think it's almost that time of year where I have to venture down to the basement storage and dig out my window air conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment