Saturday, March 20, 2010

A day in the life...

Today was busy! I had an appointment for a hair cut at 9:15 at Glen Dow Academy. I specifically requested a stylist/student "upstairs" since they are close to graduation and have a lot more expereince. The receptionist confirmed my appointment, but when I checked in today, I was paired with a student that only recently graduated from manequins to human heads. All I wanted was a trim, you know, to get rid of the pesky split ends, so I didn't make a fuss about it. It took her an hour and a half to TRIM my hair, blow dry and flat iron it. That was annoying! And it made me late for my bra fitting appointment.

Okay, so I've never had a real bra-fitting before so I was a little intimidated being stuffed in a dressing room with this cute little early-20's, A-cup, 95 lb., brunette barbie doll. She was super nice though and very professional. She asked me what size I normally wear so I told her a 36/38 DD/DDD. After bringing in a fit-bra and me not even coming close to being able to squeeze the girls in, she politely excused herself to go find a bigger size. The next one she brought in fit almost perfectly and she said "I wont even tell you what size this is unless you want me to." I assumed it would be a little bigger than what I was currently wearing so I guessed an "F." How she didn't bust up laughing in my face, I'll never know. She looked at me and said, "No, you are an H. H for Hottie!" I almost cried. After bringing in several H cups and all of them being too big for me, I found a little consolation in the fact that I am actually a G cup. That little rise above dispair ended after trying on 8 or 10 bras and realizing that the cheapest one was almost $70! The whole experience was heart-breaking and just confirmed my decision to bite the bullet and get a breast reduction. If all goes as planned, I'll be getting the surgery this fall! A 36/G is just way too big. Although different stores and different brands have different sizing scales, I was unhappy even with the DD/DDD size that I thought I was.

The day got a little better at my hash run. If you know me well, you already know what that is and no, it has nothing to do with "hash" or any illegal substances. It was nice to let loose a little bit, but as I was running, two punk kids saw me and yelled, "hit that mexican asphalt, b!tc#!" Okay, I don't really know what that means, but seriously, where are the manners and simple respect for others? To call a complete stranger a "b!tc#" when she is just minding her own business and not bothering anyone... I still consider myself a youngster (31 here), but kids these days never cease to amaze me with their rudeness, vulgarity and lack of common decency. If you ask me, it has a lot to do with the lack of discipline they receive(d). My dad would have bent me over his knee and whooped my ass until it bled if I was ever rude like that. And then, he'd make me apologize no matter how humiliated I was, regardless of how old I was!

I half-hoped I would see Ken today. I knew his friend would bail on him -- he always does. That is one thing Ken and I have in common; a lot of flaky friends. Don't get me wrong, we've got good, reliable friends too, but we get stood up by others OFTEN. Anyways, I knew the dude would bail so I half-expected him to drive over here since I can't drive over to Moses Lake because I have plans in the morning... but he decided to stay home. I'm sad, disappointed, but that's what I get for getting my hopes up based on assumptions.

Had dinner tonight with Amanda and Sophia... I love those girls. I don't love Chili's, but it was good to spend some time with them. They are always good for laughs and smiles!

And on that note, I'm signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment