Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Anniversary to ME!

Six years ago today, my divorce was finalized. That day seemed like the darkest day of my life and I've spent years dreading this day. But today, I am so grateful for my experiences and all that my previous marriage tought me. More importantly, I am thankful for my freedom! I cherish it, actually. All the things I've experienced, the places I've visited and the amazing people I've met over the past six years have enriched my life in ways I never could have imagined. None of it would have been possible if the divorce never happened.

So instead of mourning what I lost on this day six years ago, I choose to celebrate the freedom that I gained. Freedom and I have been together for six years today. Happy Anniversary to me!

I've also been working at Spokane 911 for a year today. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but I'm grateful to HAVE a job because being unemployed was incredibly stressful!

2 comments:

  1. We've been divorced for 6 years???
    When were you gonna tell me!

    RL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When were you going to tell me we were ever married in the first place?

    ReplyDelete