Monday, March 22, 2010

Does that make me crazy?

The radio station I listen to on my way to work in the mornings has a "Does That Make Me Crazy?" spot on Thursday mornings where listeners can call in and expose a quirk they have. I love listening to it because some days, it makes me feel like I'm not so crazy after all. And then some weeks I know I've got them all beat. Here is just a small sample of some of my quirks (in no particular order):

1. I HATE the way flour feels on my skin. It makes my skin crawl and my joints ache! And just THINKING about it makes my hands hurt.

2. I can't share dairy products with anyone! Ice cream, cheese, milk, yogurt, etc... I just can't do it. Not even with my boyfriend who I can swap spit with any other time of day. But when milk is involved, it just grosses me out. Milk leaves this mucus-like film in your mouth and when that is shared, it just seems to get thicker and nastier and .... well, I'm going to vomit if I don't stop so enough said!

3. I like to have everything in odd numbers. If I grab a handful of nuts or candies, I must have an odd number. I don't like even numbers.

4. I have to eat yogurt with a plastic spoon. If I use silverware, it seems to give the yogurt a metallic taste.

5. My phone has a little blue star that flashes to let me know if I have any text, picture, voice messages or emails. I hate seeing it flash so I always have to clear it out.

6. I only like to eat with small spoons and big forks.

7. Papers on my desk drive me crazy! I have an inbox for a reason, people!!!

8. I "edit" everything I read and hear. If people only knew how much I was critiquing their grammar, punctuation and spelling, they'd probably never let me read anything or even speak to me.

9. There is a right way to load the dishwasher and if it isn't done right, I have to take everything out and re-do it.

10. My boyfriend pointed out to me a while back that when I eat, I eat one thing at a time. If we are having steak, mashed potatoes, salad and rolls, I finish all of one thing before I start on another.

11. I MUST have a straw in my drink, even my water, if I am at a restaurant or if I'm drinking something with ice. Partly because my teeth are temperature sensative and partly because I don't trust that the glasses are clean and I don't want someone else's lip jizz all over my mouth!

12. I LOVE IRONING! I used to iron everything I wore every day... except undies of course. Shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, work clothes... I also use to iron my curtains and my sheets if I had let them sit in the dryer too long and they wrinkled. I sold my iron and ironing board and broke myself of my addiction in 2004, but when I go to a hotel or when I house-sit, I iron everything I can.

13. I think one of the grossest things ever is when I breathe in someone else's breath. If I yawn and someone's breath gets in my mouth, it makes me want to vomit. If I ever had to have mouth-to-mouth, I'd probably revive only to gag to death!

I know there are more, but that's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment