Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Birthday Weekend Pics

Friday was my birthday. I took the day off and invited lots of friends out on Thursday night to celebrate with dinner and dueling pianos. I got a lot of responses from friends who said they wanted to go, but in the end, just a handful of us showed up. While part of me was really disappointed in how many people flaked, I know I'm blessed and I'm grateful for the few who did show. We had a great time.

Here I'm getting a birthday squeeze!


And here are a few of the people that showed up (minus Lisa and Amanda).


And Lisa and I both had to sit on the pianos while they serenaded us...

Lisa's birthday is just a few days before mine! I love her!!


A good time was had by all.

Friday morning, Ken and I hit the road in search of a place to camp for the weekend and we found the perfect spot at Albeni Cove in Oldtown, Idaho (about 5 minutes outside of Newport, WA). It was just the two of us and although it was cold and windy, we stayed dry.

We were greeted on the trail by a couple of squirrels mating. They were determined to finish the deed no matter what interruptions they had to endure. This little squirrel started chasing them around and they stayed connected while they shimmied up and around the tree, finally out onto a branch and were literally hanging upside down humping! WTF! He must've been good!

Our campsite was gorgeous, right on the Pend O'reille River. Here are a couple shots of the beautiful view from our campsite.

Here is our site and a pretty bridge on the grounds.

And of course no camping trip is complete without steaks and pork n beans!!

It got pretty windy so we had to spend a couple hours in the tent. Good thing he brought his cribbage board. :)

Over all, I had a fabulous weekend. Unfortunately, Ken doesn't get weekends off so I'm not sure if we'll have any more opportunities to camp together this summer. Which is sad because look how sexy he is sitting next to a big fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment