Tuesday, May 18, 2010

In other news...

Okay, now that I got that unpleasant venting session out of the way, I feel a little bit better. I do love my mother, but I'm just so incredibly disappointed in her and hurt... and worried for my little siblings. But that is all old news.

On the brighter side of life, this coming Friday is my birthday. I've always loved my birthday. It is my favorite day of the year. Today, my bosses brought in a cake and some cards and a gift. It was very sweet of them! I'm looking forward to this weekend. I took Friday off so Thursday I'm going to meet up with a few friends for dinner and then we're going out for some Dueling Piano entertainment at Gibliano Brothers Piano Bar. I'm really excited for a low-key evening with good friends! Friday, Ken and I are heading out to go camping. I'm not exactly sure where yet. We had a lot of suggestions and never having been to any of them, it's really difficult to know which suggestion to take. Most of the sites we've looked at online are first come, first served. So, we'll probably just head out Friday morning and see what we can find. The weather forecast isn't looking so great, but rain or shine, it's going to be a great weekend. I love camping! We've let everyone know they are welcome to join us, but I have a feeling it'll be just the two of us... which is fine by me. :)

In other news, I've been getting back into the habit of working out. The first week, I worked out 5 days, which included 15+ miles of running, 9+ miles of biking and two days each of lower and upper body workouts with weights. Lost a big fat ZERO pounds. Week two, worked out 4 days and "golfed" two days. (By golf, I mean, I went to a 9 hole, 3 par course for beginners). I'm two days into week three and I'm two for two. 4 miles running/walking and 9+ miles biking, plus weights, core strengthening and the dreaded lunges. I'm also trying to eat healthier and significantly reduce empty calories. I still haven't seen any weight loss, but I'm hoping that changes soon.

I get to go to Juneau in less than two months. I'm so excited to see my family and for them to meet Ken. Part of me is sad that my mother and little siblings wont be there, but I'm trying to just get in the mindset that Ken will likely never meet them... at least not for several years. But at least he'll get to meet the rest of the family and some friends too. It seems like a lifetime ago that I lived there and although I swore when I left that I would never miss that "God-forsaken town," I find that I really do miss it. A visit will be good... should cure me of that for a while. :)

And on that note, I'm signing off. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment