Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random Thoughts from an Insomniac

I get a "Word of the Day" email every day. Today's word made me laugh. It's sesquipedalian (ses-kwuh-puh-dayl-yuhn). It means "given to or characterized by the use of long words; long and ponderous, having many syllables; a long word." Fitting.

Mom told me today to be careful... she felt like she needed to let me know that she's been praying for me. She also said that often times, the wrong person comes into your life just before the right one does - so just be careful.

Went to a Spokane Indians game today. In the parking lot, I pulled in next to these two young guys and the passenger got out of their car first since it was kind of a tight squeeze between our cars, then he shut his door and opened mine for me. Um... weird. I'm all for chivalry, but that was just an odd thing to do.

A friend made a very bizarre and somewhat disturbing request of me today - after a very open and transparent conversation. I told him I'd pray about it, but I think I already know the answer is no.

My Kryptonite contacted me this week after another long bout of silence. I want to be free of him. I want to move on. I want to forget I ever met him and the mistakes I could have made (and those I did make). But yet, I don't. I miss him more than I've ever missed anyone.

My brother in law talks to me more than my own brothers and dad combined. I love my b-i-l, but that realization today kinda hurt my feelings. Thankful for Josh though... he's trying to explain fantasy football to me. I signed up this year on a whim and have no idea how it works. :)

I'm hosting girls night tomorrow. My house is a mess and I haven't slept much all week. Not sure when I'll be able to either. Have to get up early tomorrow, work all day, stop by a wine tasting, see a friend in town, then be home in time for Girls Night - which will likely last late into the evening. Saturday I have a birthday party and another friend in town.

I am confused about the status of my "friendship." I've not felt I needed a definition until now. Preparing myself for distance.

I just want sleep... peaceful, restful sleep... If I fall asleep now, I'll get 5 hours of sleep.

Oh yeah, I forgot I have to pick up a coworker from the airport tomorrow at 8:00 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment