Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day

I am disappointed (though, not surprised) by the election results this evening... gut-sick actually.

I know that nothing happens that isn't already known by the Creator, but my heart is grieved that someone who so boldly and openly supports some of the very things that God abhors is about to become leader of our great nation. God help us all...

And God help Obama... No better time than the present to start praying for our country and protection and wisdom for our leaders. It's going to be an interesting four years and although I am hoping for the best, I must admit that I'm worried. But you know what? At the end of today... and at the beginning of tomorrow - God is STILL God! He is STILL in control...

I am looking forward to things quieting down now. At least there will be no more campaign commercials and posters everywhere. Soon, the high will wear off of the Obama supporters and we'll be back to business as usual. Chaange is coming... And when it does, we will adapt. I have no doubt that some of it will even be much needed and good change. But I believe there are some changes for the worse coming around the corner faster than we know.

On the positive side, history has been made. Our country has come a long way from the grievous acts that were the norm even just a few generations ago. That is progress. My dislike, or rather mistrust, of Mr. Obama has nothing to do with his race. It has everything to do with his politics, his agenda, what he stands for as well as my own convictions and gut instinct about him. I have no respect for the decision to vote for or against someone simply because of their gender or the color of their skin.

And on that note, I must try to get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment