Saturday, November 15, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

Rough week at work - lots of stress, layoffs, uncertainty and more stress. It's been one of the toughest weeks I've seen since I started this job almost 4 years ago.

I came home to write, unwind, declutter my mind & untangle my emotions. I was feeling pretty low and felt like crying... or drinking heavily... or medicating in some other unhealthy way.

Then Amanda calls to see what I'm doing. Her 2 1/2 year old daughter, Sophia, says something in the background.

Amanda: Honey, just a minute, I'm talking to Sandra - she had a bad day.
Sophia: I talk to Sanna
Amanda: Okay - here ya go.
Sophia: Hi! Sanna?
Me: Hey Sophia! How are you?
Sophia: I love you Sanna!
Me: (choking back tears) Awww... I love you too Sophia!
Sophia: I in choo-choo train... Pancakes.
Me: You are?? Are you at Frank's Diner?
Sophia: Yes. Fwanks. Choo-choo train. Um... Sanna?
Me: Yes honey?
Sophia: I love you!
Me: Thank you. I love you too.

How sweet is that? Seriously - Obviously God knew I needed a little pick me up and exactly who to send. I love that SGB!!! She lights up my life more than she'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment