Thursday, November 20, 2008

Laundry Day & A Welcome Distraction

Laundry day. Laundry facilities are in the basement. Storage unit is also in the basement. Needed to organize storage unit to make room for more boxes, my window AC unit and other stuff I wont need this winter. Storage unit = boxes I should not be going through = memories I should not be stirring up = the uncontrolable urge to get as far away from this apartment and those boxes as possible.

I grabbed my laundry and came upstairs to my apartment and lo and behold - an invitation via instant message... from my crush... to come over for Survivor & CSI (tv night). As soon as I hang my laundry, I'm grabbing a bottle of wine and heading over. This will be a pleasant distraction from some painful memories... (what was I thinking opening that damned box?! It's clearly marked...)

I did find a quote from a movie (can't remember which one at the moment) that I had written down on a little yellow piece of paper about 9 or 10 years ago... It was very meaningful to me at the time - and it struck a chord again today.

"True love can not be found where it does not truly exist. Nor can it be hidden where it truly does."

Peace! I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment