Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sunrise

I saw the sunrise the other day for the first time in a long time. It felt like a punch in the gut. Every time I see the sunrise, I am reminded of God's faithfulness. He set the sun in place and the earth in motion and every day the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. It does not depend on us. We don't sit around as the sun goes down at night and worry that it wont rise again. We don't have anxiety over it or spend countless hours praying that God will not forget us tomorrow. The sun always rises. And we simply trust that it will.

But that is a good thing, right? So, why did the sunrise feel like a punch in the gut? Because every time I am reminded of God's faithfulness, I can't help but to revisit my own unfaithfulness. And though I know I am forgiven, I can't help but to feel a twinge of guilt and a sadness knowing that I have disappointed my Father. I know he loves me in spite of my failures, simply because I am his daughter. That, my friends, is what keeps me going. That is my only hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment